How to cleanse, tone and moisturise (for best results repeat morning and night)
- Lock yourself in your bathroom (just joking – but this is your chance for some “me” time)
- Mix an almond-sized amount of Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm in your hands with just a couple of drops of warm water to create a rich milk.
- Massage into your face for at least 30 seconds, using circular motions to melt away daily grime and makeup (leave it on a while as a moisturising treatment if you need a moisture boost).
- It’s safe to use the cleanser around your eyes to remove stubborn eye makeup.
- Gently remove the balm from your skin by wiping with a warm damp Konjac sponge or soft cloth. Pat dry with a towel.
- Apply some of the Raindrops on Roses Hydrating Tonic, depending on your skin type.
- Follow with your preferred moisturiser, either a few drops of the Good Vibes Omega Facial Oil or some Over the Moon Rich Repair Cream, or both!
How to detox with the ‘Pig In Mud’ Mineral Mask (1 to 2 times per week)
- Cleanse first with the Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm
- Put 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of dry clay into a small bowl or the palm of your hand (using your hand is messier!)
- Mix in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of water or your favourite Happy Skincare tonic (you can try honey or yoghurt instead for dry or sensitive skin). A thin consistency tends to work best unless targeting specific blackheads or pimples.
- Avoiding your eyes, spread it over your face in a thin layer.
- Leave it on for 10 min or until the mask dries. For sensitive skin start with 5 min.
- Run hand-hot water over your wash cloth then hold the cloth to your face for a few seconds (this feels really nice and the steam will soften the mask) and wipe the mask off.
- Apply some tonic and moisturise well (this is important as the mask can be slightly drying as it draws out impurities)
- Admire your soft, clean and detoxed skin
- Don’t be alarmed if you get a blemish the following day – this does happen occasionally because of impurities being drawn to the skin’s surface. Re-apply a small amount of mask to the problem area.
Once or twice a week use yourSpoonful of Sugar Exfoliating Scrub after cleansing to buff away dead skin cells.