Do you suffer from dry, crocodile skin when the mercury starts to dip?
Usually it’s the colour change of leaves that is the tell-tale sign that winter is coming. But for us we know it is coming when we wake up with crocodile skin.
It literally happens overnight. One day you have nice, hydrated skin and the next it is drier than the Simpson Desert.
Cold air, heated rooms, hotter showers and low humidity sucks the moisture from you skin faster than a Dyson vacuum sucks up fluff bunnies.
If this sounds familiar than it might be time to mix it up a little.
Boost your moisturiser with a facial oil
We all have a favourite moisturising cream…. the one that you never have to worry about applying because your skin drinks it up. But when Jack Frost is knocking at your door, your favourite moisturiser may need a helping hand.
Of course you can switch to a richer moisturising cream but we know that old faithful is hard to move on from. If you don’t want to switch to a richer cream you can still use your favourite cream to get through winter. All you need to add is add a little somethin’ somethin’.
Simply add a few drops of facial oil and your favourite everyday moisturiser has been transformed into a skin-saving super-hero.
Rosehip, Hemp and Argan oils are worthy candidates but we can’t go past specialty blends like the Good Vibes Omega Facial Oil, Laugh Out Loud Active Jojoba Oil and the single origin first aid kit for your skin, Dilo Oil.
There are two ways you can get the boost happening:
- After cleansing and toning apply the facial oil first and the your moisturiser on top
- After cleansing and toning mix a few drops into your moisturiser in the palm of your hand and then apply.
Whether you layer or blend your products is totally up to you - Aaron's a layering kinda guy but Phoebe prefers to blend. You'll probably find your skin likes on method better, and it depends on which products you're mixing together too.
Our favourite moisturiser + facial oil blends
(These are just some combos we like, but don't let this list limit you... the sky's the limit. Go wild and mix away!!! You can't go wrong.)
- Normal skin: Perfectly Happy Light Anti-Oxidant Cream + Good Vibes Omega Facial Oil
- Dry/Hypersensitive skin: Over the Moon Rich Repair Cream + Laugh Out Loud Active Jojoba Oil
- Oily/combination skin: Perfectly Happy Light Anti-Oxidant Cream + Dilo Oil
- Body: Warm Fuzzies Firming Body Lotion + TLC Intensive Repair Oil